The Optimist NFT is a customizable profile picture project that can represent user identity across the Optimism ecosystem. The Optimist NFT is one of the first applications built on the AttestationStation, a reputation contract deployed on Optimism.
Note: This is the page for developers. You can get more details about Optimist NFT from the user perspective here.
Why is reputation on the blockchain important?
Today’s economies favor the preferences of the wealthy—even in crypto. ERC-20 tokens are the dominant form of on-chain identity, and token votes are the main way that preferences are expressed. Token votes serve a useful role, but they don’t represent the preferences of people—they represent the preferences of capital.
Reputation is key to making blockchains less-plutocratic and to maximize human utility. Just as token systems reveal the preferences of token holders, a reputation layer will allow us to gauge the preferences of human beings.
By creating a robust reputation layer, we will finally have the data to measure impact. Only then will we be able to measure impact and realize our vision of a world where
impact == profit, and where human preferences are promoted.
What is the AttestationStation?
The first step towards this vision begins with the introduction of the AttestationStation, an attestation smart contract deployed on Optimism that gives users the ability to make arbitrary attestations about other addresses.
The goal of the AttestationStation is to provide a permissionless and accessible data source for builders creating reputation-based applications. By enabling anyone to make arbitrary attestations about other addresses, we can create a rich library of qualitative and quantitative data that can be used across the ecosystem.
How does the Optimist NFT interact with the AttestationStation?
The Optimist NFT is one of the first applications built on top of the AttestationStation. The Optimist NFT uses the AttestationStation to determine eligibility for:
- Minting: Addresses with the relevant attestations recorded in the AttestationStation are able to mint the Optimist NFT.
- Unlocking new traits: New traits, that can only be unlocked with certain attestations, will be added to the Optimist NFT and will allow people to further customize their Optimist NFT.
What are the contract addresses for the AttestationStation and Optimist NFT?
- The AttestationStation uses the following contract:
- Optimism Goerli: 0xEE36eaaD94d1Cc1d0eccaDb55C38bFfB6Be06C77
- Optimism Mainnet: 0xEE36eaaD94d1Cc1d0eccaDb55C38bFfB6Be06C77
- The Optimist NFT uses the following contract:
- Optimism Goerli: 0x2335022c740d17c2837f9C884Bfe4fFdbf0A95D5
- Optimism Mainnet: 0x2335022c740d17c2837f9C884Bfe4fFdbf0A95D5
How do I learn more about the AttestationStation?
To learn more visit our developer docs and our developer blog.