To do almost anything with OP Mainnet you need Ether (ETH) on our chain. There are two ways to get this ETH, as well as ERC-20 tokens, into OP Mainnet:
- If you already have assets you can deposit them using a bridge.
- You can buy assets and have them deposited directly to OP Mainnet, using one of the fiat onramps that support OP Mainnet or one of the centralized exchanges that support us.
To deposit using our gateway:
Browse to the gateway and agree to the terms.
Click Connect wallet, select your wallet type, and approve the connection in the wallet itself if asked.
- Specify the network, fiat on ramp, or centralized exchange from which you want to deposit.
- If the source is not directly supported by the OP Mainnet gateway, you will get a list of options that do support it. Select one and click it.
- If the network is supported by the gateway, select the token to transfer (in this case ETH) and type the amount (here 0.0002).
- Click Deposit and click Deposit again to confirm.
- Confirm the transaction in the wallet, wait until the transaction is confirmed and the ETH deposited to Optimism.
- Browse here and click connect to add OP Mainnet to your wallet. You will need to approve this addition in your wallet.
- You should now be able to see the deposited asset.