Optimism support is already in Coinbase Wallet, just use a wallet address with assets on Optimism and you'll see it.
If you do not have Coinbase Wallet installed yet, follow these steps (on iOS or Android):
- Download Coinbase Wallet from the appropriate app store.
- If you do not have a wallet yet, click Create a New Wallet.
- Accept the legal terms.
- Pick a unique user name.
- Decide whether you want your profile to be Public or Private and click Next.
- Decide how you want to authenticate to the wallet on your device.
- Click Back up now.
- Coinbase Wallet will now create your secret recovery phrase, also known as the mnemonic. This is your identity, it is very important to protect it:
* If you lose it, you will not be able to access any assets or applications it protects.
* If somebody else gets it, that person will be able to pretend to be you.
Write the list of words somewhere safe and click Back up manually.
Note: Putting the list of words on a public web page as I did here is a very bad idea. The only reason I did it here is that it's a wallet for training purposes that will never have actual assets on it.
- Click the words in the same order as the recovery phrase. This proves to Coinbase Wallet that you really do have a backup.
- Decide whether or not you want notifications from the wallet.
- You are now in the wallet. Click the dapps icon () to access decentralized applications.
- To access the decentralized features of an application, click Connect. If asked, select that your wallet is Coinbase Wallet.
- If a dapp requires the Optimism network, and you are on a different network, it will prompt you to switch. You need to Approve the switch in the wallet.
- Congratulations, you are now connected. The next step is to deposit ETH into Optimism.