Although Coinbase does not support direct deposits into Optimism yet. You can easily move ETH from Coinbase to Optimism by sending it to Ethereum Mainnet / L1 and then bridging over with our gateway.
Transfer from Coinbase to L1 Ethereum
- Log into Coinbase.
- Click the ETH asset.
- Click Wallet and then Send.
- Type the amount to send and your Ethereum address. Then click Continue.
- Click Send now.
- Enter the code you got through SMS and click Confirm.
- Click Done.
- Browse to the L1 Etherscan and search for your address. Reload until you see your deposit credited (it will appear under Internal Txns):
Transfer from L1 Ethereum to Optimism
- Log into the Optimism bridge.
- Type the amount you wish to deposit and click Deposit (leave everything else at the default value).
- Click Deposit again, and then confirm the deposit in the wallet.
- Wait until the transfer goes through.
- When you see this message, congratulations. You are now ready to explore the Optimism ecosystem.