Although Bitfinex does not support direct deposits into Optimism yet. You can easily move ETH from Bitfinex to Optimism by sending it to Ethereum Mainnet / L1 and then bridging over with our gateway.
Transfer from Bitfinex to L1 Ethereum
- Log into Bitfinex.
- In the top right corner click Wallet > Withdraw.
- Select Ethereum on the left.
- Enter your address and the amount, accept the conditions and click Request Withdrawal.
- Authenticate with your authenticator code (six digits).
- Enter the confirmation code you see on the screen and click Confirm withdrawal.
- Check your e-mail for the final confirmation link and click it.
- Click Approve
Transfer from L1 Ethereum to Optimism
- Log into the Optimism bridge.
- Type the amount you wish to deposit and click Deposit (leave everything else at the default value).
- Click Deposit again, and then confirm the deposit in the wallet.
- Wait until the transfer goes through.
- When you see this message, congratulations. You are now ready to explore the Optimism ecosystem.