Welcome! We're stoked that you're launching on Optimism.
If you have not filled out the get started form please do so prior to reading this.
We are excited for your deployment onto Optimism! You will be welcomed by the following metrics 📈📈 (up and to the right!),a budding community 🫂🫂, and some great exclusive Telegram Channels ⚙️⚙️for builders. (click on the links to explore!)
The OPLabs team gets a flurry of inbound messages and calls every day and we reply to them as efficiently as possible, but we are only human! Please be patient if you are in need of direct support. We cannot always provide direct help, but we strive to help everyone succeed on Optimism through the various resources we provide to projects.
Developer Support 🙋💻
Steps to take if you would like developer support immediately. Ranked in order of response times.
- See our Developer Information article
- Head over to #dev-support on discord for the fastest help
- Join this TG group and ask for help there
- Last attempt: Fill out this form
When your project is deployed on Optimism, you’ll be added to our ecosystem page. Simply fill out this form to be included. We add new projects here every week, but you need to deploy first.
Promoting Values before anything else
We love to promote values-aligned projects as part of our broader content program
We do the occasional retweet but the bar for these is kept quite high in order to keep our Twitter feed as valuable/high signal as possible. Other than RT's, we may like or reply to a tweet or include it in our weekly wrap up thread. You're welcome to submit your tweet for amplification but please keep in mind if and how we interact with it is at our sole discretion.
We also host a weekly Twitter Space in an interview/podcast format called OP Radio. You're welcome to express interest in being featured on OP Radio, but keep in mind that we maintain the final say on whether it makes sense or not.
Grants Funding 🪙🪙
Grants are mainly handled by The Optimism Collective, our open governance system/digital society. If you are interested in seeking funding here, we first recommend the following:
Note: Grants are a lever to support sustainable growth in the ecosystem, therefore we do not provide grants for projects' operational expenses.
- Deploy to Optimism (we are EVM Equivalent, not just EVM compatible so it is very easy to deploy). Check out our docs to see how to deploy.
- Try gaining organic traction
- Traction can be gained through our community!
- Head over to our discord and check out #showandtell or #demoday (demoday is an AMA about your product to our community!)
- Seek synergies – look at other teams already deployed on Optimism that could work with your product and reach out to them!
- Once you have done the above, check out our governance grant process
- To get reviews in real time from governance delegates go to discord and post about your product in #temp-check
Other Helpful Links
- Curious about our Optimistic Origins? Listen to this OPRadio Episode with one of our founders @JingleJam.
- What do the next 100 years have in store for crypto? @Karl_dot_tech’s shares his vision in this chat with Bankless.
- Want to see what we are doing with Retroactive Public Goods? (Hint: We give all our sequencer ~100k/day in revenue, away to public goods so your users can rest easy knowing that when they use Optimism, they are contributing to a good cause). More on Public Goods Funding here, here, and Vitalik’s review of our first experimental round is here.
- Changes to the protocol coming in the near term include multi-client architecture, and the world’s next generation fault proof. Check out Bedrock and Cannon.
- Want to see the first ever step forward into a modular rollup architecture? We are making it easy for anyone to deploy their own app-specific rollup via the OP Stack (a must read for the future!). Fun fact: A team has already launched a Voxel Game on the OP Stack! Interested in exploring more? Fill out this form
Last note: We’re hiring! Join our community! Have fun! Enjoy life! Don’t worry so much! Brush your teeth! Eat apples! Eat bacon! Research the origins of public relations! Give back to your community! Tweet things you don’t actually believe! Download free music using your library card! Don’t download a car! Don’t listen to anyone except for your parents, and even then, with a grain of salt!
WELCOME TO THE COLLECTIVE 🔴✨